Hurricane Sandy Waterway Debris
- Total cubic yards of debris removed: 3,575.9 cubic yards.
- Total verified acres surveyed by side-scan sonar: 7,004 acres (not yet verified)
- Low water hindered operations at Flat Island and High Island today.
- Targets were recovered in the Great Bay Marina, which is now considered complete of visual and targeted debris. A total of 129 cubic yards of debris were recovered today.
- Debris recovery will continue at Flat Island and High Island, as well as Mystic Island between Twin Lakes Road and Radio Road.
- Maurice River debris recovery will continue and is expected to be completed of visual and targeted debris over the weekend.
Report debris at 1-877-WARN-DEP
Additional information available at http://www.nj.gov/dep/special/hurricane-sandy/wwdebris.htm